BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

puppy :)

♥ mood music ♥

Thursday, January 29, 2009

you know what really grinds my gears?

1) Having to reset the internet every day, usually right before I have to print something off Blackboard before my next class, because Comcast is stupid and can't provide a continuous, high-quality internet connection. I'm sorry, but "Local Only" is useless to me. Along the same lines, paying an extra $15 a month for cable that I never watch, just so my roommate can watch TV once in a blue moon.

2) Living with someone who is sick, doesn't wash her hands as often as a healthy person should -- never mind the fact that she's sick -- and then proceeds to wash the dishes using a sponge and not getting them completely clean, forcing me to have to rewash them at inconvenient times, such as right before Spanish class or at 1 a.m. the same day I have three tests scheduled within a four-hour time period. I'm trying NOT to get sick here, and I want to eat off CLEAN dishes.

3) Not having a dishwasher, which would make the first problem disappear.

4) People who ride bikes in every way except the legal way -- including but not limited to: down the sidewalk, down the middle of the road, down the wrong bike lane, down the wrong bike lane in the dark, down the sidewalk on the wrong side of the road, weaving back and forth from one side of the road to the other. One guy yesterday, in front of Oakway Center, actually had the gall to say "Clear the sidewalk!" before nearly hitting me and this other guy who was waiting for the bus. Um, no. I'm NOT clearing the sidewalk. Get in the bike lane, you jerk.

5) Creative assignments for J 204. I can't just force myself to meditate. What the hell. I'm never doing extra credit for this class again.

6) The change machine in the pool hall at the EMU. They should not advertise a change machine that does not work. Because of this, instead of getting quarters on my way home so I could be doing laundry right now, I have to take half an hour out of my day so I can walk seven blocks to Safeway to get a roll of quarters.

7) Not having a car, which would eliminate the half-hour walk in frigid weather. I can't mooch rides off my friends forever.

8) The fact that Oregon winters are deceptively cold. It should never be below 32 degrees outside. Ever.

9) People who smoke.

10) The fact that because I live right next to campus, yet it's a 15 minute walk from my apartment to anything useful (i.e. besides Gerlinger Field and the cemetery), I couldn't get home nearly fast enough so I could write this.y

1 comments:

Matt and Lori Graber said...

Awwwwh...know don't you feel better?