BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

puppy :)

♥ mood music ♥

Monday, November 9, 2009

Let's celebrate, remember a year in the life of friends!

The following is a dedication to some of the best friends I've known. I love all of you!

Brian Tompkins: We've known each other since elementary school, which makes you my oldest friend. However, it wasn't until high school that we finally started actually hanging out together, and I guess we can thank both band and Bess for that. :) Therefore, it seemed natural that when you finally came to Eugene after two years at PCC, we would room together. Although the beginning was a little rough -- partly because we were still adjusting to each other's idiosyncrasies and pet peeves, and partly because I was going through a lot of frustration about a variety of things -- I'm really glad that for the most part we worked things out. :)

Bess Oliver: Ever since I decided that day in CARE to hang out with you and read in the gym instead of playing games, I had a feeling that year wouldn't be the last we saw of each other, which made the ensuing (and totally bogus) time out well worth it. Unfortunately, you moved, and so our paths diverged until your freshman year of high school, when we reunited in football pep band. That year, basketball pep band was even better than it was my freshman year because for the first time I actually had someone to talk to and hang out with...plus it eventually led you to Brian. :) Since then we've only gotten closer and closer, which I've appreciated a ton, especially immediately after the whole incident in July 2008...which we will not speak of. I can't wait for you to come down here!

Claire McLeod: Although I haven't known you nearly as long as some of my other friends, I still consider you to be one of my best friends. You've been the voice of reason many times, while at the same time you can be shockingly dirty -- which in my opinion is the perfect combination. From Advanced Human Bio to the pre-prom limo orgy to your bachelorette party and wedding, we've had a bunch of fun times, and hopefully there are more in the future!

Ashley Flock: I first became aware of your existence when Chase mentioned you sometime in winter of my freshman year at UO. Not long after that, we came to Sheldon to play in the pep band. One of my favorite things about that night was that even though I wasn't a student and had in fact never attended that school, I still felt right at home with you and your friends in the clarinet section. And I had a feeling we were going to be awesome friends. I've loved all the crazy epic adventures we've had in the past couple years, and am really happy we were able to sort things out after last winter and get back to having fun!

Alitia Monasmith: My Mormon. :) When you, Ashley and I get together it's never dull. Case in point: New Year's Eve in Sacramento on the way back from the Holiday Bowl trip, and the Mad Libs on the bus. Even with all that went on, I still count that among my favorite memories. Also, you accidentally saying "c*cksucker" was pretty funny, mostly because I would have never expected it. Although your time in Eugene was cut short, know that you are missed a ton. You've been there for me through some of my darkest times, and I'm really happy that I've been able to help you out as well. Come back soon and we can bang some sticks!

Josh Shere: You're one of my newest best friends, but every day I keep wondering, where the hell have you been the past few years? And the answer to that would probably be: mixed in with the drumline, which I was convinced only had a bunch of dbags. Little did I know that there were nice people too. However, I think you randomly stalked me on Facebook one day and we started talking, and then you tailgated with us before the WSU game, and from there we started hanging out more. But it's a lot deeper than that; you've also been online at 4 a.m. when I needed to talk, you've texted back and forth for indecent amounts of time in order to set me straight when I was having an off day emotionally, and you give awesome hugs. Basically, you're up there with people I've known forever like Bess and Brian, a feat you managed to accomplish in five months, probably by magic or something. Anyway, you're one of the awesomest people I know, evidenced by the fact that you're on this list. And also, 211 really isn't that hard to play.

0 comments: