BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

puppy :)

♥ mood music ♥

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dozer

At about 100 pounds, Dozer still is convinced that he's a lap dog. He will wrestle on the floor with you without trying to hurt you, snuggle on the couch and give doggy kisses.

Sometimes, though, he turns on you without warning and becomes a snarling monster, lunging at you with teeth bared.

This is the reason why tomorrow, we'll be putting Dozer down.

I understand why we have to do this. It's dangerous to us to have such an unpredictable dog in the house, who could attack us at any moment. And we'd never be able to take him outside again, because we can't know whether or not he'll attack, possibly kill another dog or human.

Still, it's a sad situation to be in. Dozer's so young. He's only four years old and still has lots of puppylike energy. On his good days, he loves to run on the beach or just cuddle with his daddy on the couch. His favorite thing in the world is chasing sticks. He had his whole life ahead of him, but it'll all be taken away from him tomorrow.

So tomorrow I'll wake up and get ready for work, while trying not to notice the kennel in the corner of the room. I won't even be able to say goodbye to Dozer because there's too much of a chance he could attack me. I'll go to work and try to go about my everyday duties while trying not to think about what's going on down the road at the vet. I'll come home and see the kennel that will never again be occupied, the dog bed that no one will lie on again, the food bin that will never again be opened.

It's always painful to lose a dog. And even though I've known this one for only about a month and a half, he was one of my first friends in this new place. I'll miss him forever.

RIP Dozer. I know all dogs go to heaven, and I know there'll be a special place for you, with lots of rawhide and sticks. :')

Love you,
Nicole ♥

0 comments: