BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

puppy :)

♥ mood music ♥

Thursday, October 11, 2007

I've had it up to here (gestures at level above head)

...with people who do not seem to be able to share the roads with other people.

At any given time, there are HUNDREDS of people using the roadways within the UO campus. Bikes, cars and pedestrians clog up the paths like last week's hairball that finally got big enough to plug your shower drain.

When people are trying to get from their dorm room to a class that starts in ten minutes on the other side of campus, they are usually on their bike. And they are usually IN A HURRY. Adding more frustration is the clump of star-crossed lovers, groups of four or more friends walking side by side, bicyclists and cars that seem to have no clue where they're going. And of course, the people who are paying no attention to their surroundings because they're ... yakking away on their cell phones.

Finally, after navigating yet another Hairball Clump, I have decided to take matters into my own hands. It's quite simple, actually.

People who are actually trying to get somewhere (particularly in a hurry) have priority over the people who are just walking around socializing. If you see someone tearing through a crowd at breakneck speed and they appear stressed out, let them through. It's the humane thing to do, and it may prevent what I will explain next.

If you really don't feel like moving out of the way, and I have to mow you down in order to get to where I'm going by required time, I will mow you down.

If you happen to be crossing the street slowly (this is just because you didn't feel like picking up the pace. I'm not talking about people who due to their age or disability are unable to cross as fast as hurrying people would like) I will mow you down.

If you happen to be on your cell phone gabbing with your BFF about the hot guy in your psych class or dinner plans tonight, I will mow you down, then celebrate my success with ice cream. Bonus points if, while talking on your phone, you use words like "like," "you know," "prolly" and "legit" at least 15 times each during your conversation and for no comprehensible purpose.

Honestly, I'm not usually this mean, and under normal circumstances I might be more likely to accept your choice to slow down a little. But in a time where success in life depends on your ability to get to where you need to go, when you need to be there, we all need to work together and let people through.

Or get mowed down.

0 comments: