BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

puppy :)

♥ mood music ♥

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My feelings on facial hair.

(Note: This blog post was spawned from comments on a status I posted purely in a passive-aggressive burst of inspiration. My roommate was all pissy because the shower wasn't completely clean - I had dumped the mop bucket and tried without success to rinse out the tub - yet JUST THE PREVIOUS DAY I woke up to stubble all over the counter. And before that I had cleaned the bathroom floor, which featured a corner by the tub that was covered in hair from an entirely different male region that was stuck to the floor with layers of soap scum. But that's a different subject. Anyway...)

In general: I'm not a fan of facial hair. I prefer clean-shaven guys. However, this is a generalization, and like all generalizations, there are exceptions to the rule.

Some guys just look better with a little stubble. Others are suited best by a full, glorious beard. However, I draw a firm line at the people I see every day around town who grow their beards out to a foot or more and then let them get all matted and scraggly. Some of them may be homeless. Some of them are not.

I've also had the experience of kissing guys both with and without stubble. I definitely prefer smooth faces. It just feels nicer. Although, I try not to think about it being "smooth as a baby's bottom" as they say. It just seems less sexy after that thought enters your mind.

As strong as my opinion is in favor of smooth-faced guys, I will admit that the rugged look deserves some credit. But in that case, you can't half-ass it. You have to be dedicated from start to finish. And don't even try it if you know it's going to be all patchy and gross looking. Uneven stubble is never attractive.

Finally, I'm just going to state that this is my personal opinion. Guys, if you want to grow your beard out and your woman is cool with it, more power to you. Just keep it looking good.

And for the love of God, wipe your damn stubble off the counter after you shave.

This post is dedicated to Evan C. Paul, a GTF at the University of Oregon School of Music, who possesses the most epic beard I've ever seen.

0 comments: