BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

puppy :)

♥ mood music ♥

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Men will not control me.

I've thought a lot about what I want out of life. And with men on my mind quite often as of late, I've reaffirmed several values that I will NEVER compromise under any circumstances.

I WILL NOT be subservient to men. I believe women exist to complement the existence of men, not to be pushed around by them. I've seen too many instances in relationships around me, including that between my two roommates, where neither person can do ANYTHING without consulting the other. And I've decided that I never, ever want my life to be like that.

A radical stance? Perhaps. But if radical stances didn't exist, we'd still be living under rocks.

It really hit me a few months ago when Bess realized, as she was cooking dinner for Brian (aka her "honey," the most disgusting pet name of them all) so it would be ready when he got home from work, that she's turning into a housewife. Keep in mind that they're in a relationship, not married, not even engaged. This is the trap that so many women find themselves falling into. And I never want that to happen to me.

I'm sure many people will object to my thoughts, saying that "that's what love is supposed to be like" and "you should be excited about pleasing your partner." And to that I say: Bull. Shit.

There's my rant for the night.

0 comments: