BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

puppy :)

♥ mood music ♥

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Both now and in the years to be, a never-failing loyalty.




So yeah, retreat pretty much exceeded my expectations.

Random children crashing the BBQ, lots of joking around, the traditional piñata and actually accomplishing some things made for a memorable afternoon.

And, possibly more significantly, I came away from this retreat with a renewed spirit. For the first time in a long time I truly felt happy to be a member of band council, and I'm excited for what we as a council and we as a band can and will accomplish this coming year.

Things may not be perfect, and some things may never change. But when everyone makes the most of what they're given, the results are often greater than the sum of the parts.

I can't wait for this year.

(John Stark Evans, composer, "Oregon Pledge Song")

0 comments: